Do not order based on the image alone. The image displayed may not represent the specific product you are ordering.
Coloplast 2-Piece Assura AC Convex Light Barrier, Pre-cut, Stoma 1-1/8", Red (14644)
Coloplast® 2-Piece Assura® AC Convex Light Barrier, Pre-cut, Stoma size 1-1/8" (28 mm), Red.
|Product name:||Coupling: Red - Stoma size: 28mm | 1 1/8in|
|Baseplate Type:||Light Convex|
- Standard wear
- Belt tabs for use with 4215, 4220
- Not made with natural rubber latex
Assura® AC barrier Convex Light
Spiral adhesive for security and skin-friendliness. Assura AC is a two-piece adhesive coupling system that combines the unique spiral adhesive with a secure and flexible coupling.
ssura AC is a two-piece appliance with adhesive coupling, providing the benefits of a one-piece –in a unique combination of security and flexibility.
- The pouch is attached securely to the barrier by a strong adhesive coupling system.
- The adhesive coupling is flexible, allowing freedom of movement and making Assura AC comfortable and discreet to wear.
- The pouch can be removed separately from the barrier, allowing the pouch to be changed more frequently than the adhesive barrier.
Assura AC appliances are available with standard or extended wear adhesive barriers. The full range of barriers includes flat and convex light barriers, available pre-cut (already cut to size) or "cut-to-fit" (meaning they can be cut to achieve a custom fit). These are combined with drainable, closed or urostomy pouches. The full line includes transparent and opaque pouches, which correspond to the Assura AC and SenSura Flex barriers based on a color-coded coupling system. Thus, a barrier with a "red" coupling size must be matched to a "red" pouch.
Spiral adhesive, for security and skin-friendliness
The Assura AC spiral adhesive is a combination of materials designed for security and protection in a spiral structure, for:
- Secure adherence to your skin
- Absorption of moisture from your skin - providing skin-friendliness and protection from irritation
Convex light, for stomas that are difficult to manage
Assura AC baseplates are available inconvex light. The oval shape of the convex light barrier is designed to help a stoma that is difficult to manage:for example, a stoma that is flush, retracted, or located in a skin fold. It applies light and delicate pressure on the peristomal skin to reduce the risk of leakage by allowing the stoma to protrude. Ask your ostomy nurse for more information about convex light.