Hartmann Conco Sorbalgon Calcium Alginate Dressing, 2" x 2" (49200000)
Hartmann Conco Sorbalgon® Calcium Alginate Dressing, 2" x 2" (5cm x 5cm).
- Calcium alginate dressing designed to quickly absorb wound exudate
- Dressing is highly absorbent and forms a gel as wound exudate is absorb
- Holds together wet or dry for easy and intact removal
- Dressing made from natural materials and is biodegradeable
- Dressing is sterile and can remain in place for up to 7 days
How to apply:
- Debride when necessary and irrigate wound site in accordance with standard protocols. Remove excess solution from surrounding skin.
- Choose the appropriate size dressing to cover the wound. Dressing may be cut if necessary.
- Cover and secure with a non-occlusive secondary dressing.
- As wound exudate is absorbed, the alginate forms a gel, which assists in maintaining a moist environment and allows for intact removal.
- Dressing change frequency will depend on wound condition and level of exudate.
- Reapply when secondary dressing has reached its absorbency capacity or per clinical protocol
- Dressing is intended for use for up to 7 days.
How to remove:
- Gently remove the secondary dressing.
- If the wound appears dry, saturate the dressing with sterile saline prior to removal.
- Gently remove the dressing from the wound bed and discard.