Do not order based on the image alone. The image displayed may not represent the specific product you are ordering.
Abbott Nutrition Ensure Pre-Surgery Clear Carbohydrate Drink, Strawberry (65044)
Abbott Nutrition Ensure Pre-Surgery Clear Carbohydrate Drink, Strawberry Flavor (65044), 10 fl oz Bottle (296mL).
- DELICIOUS NEW FLAVOR: Strawberry.
- TRUSTED BRAND: From #1 doctor recommended brand Ensure
- RECOMMENDED AMOUNT OF CARBOHYDRATES: Contains 50 g carbohydrates (primarily maltodextrin) and it is low in osmolality, which allows for drinking up to 2 hours before surgery, and can reduce nausea and vomiting after surgery1
- MEETS ENHANCED RECOVERY GUIDELINES: Meets guidelines for pre-surgery use of a clear carbohydrate beverage2,3 per the Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS)* Society
- MEETS GUIDELINES FOR PREOPERATIVE FASTING4: Meets guidelines for use with preoperative fasting4 per the American Society Of Anesthesiologists (ASA)†
Ensure Pre-Surgery is specially designed to help reduce insulin resistance after surgery and improve patient outcomes. It is designed to be consumed up to 2 hours before surgery. Use as directed by your physician.
*ERAS is a trademark of the Enhanced Recovery After Surgery Society. This product has not been reviewed or endorsed by the ERAS Society.
†American Society of Anesthesiologists is a registered trademark of the American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA). This product has not been reviewed or endorsed by the ASA.
‡Studies conducted using formulas containing similar nutrients as Ensure Pre-Surgery. Be sure to follow the nutrition program recommended by your doctor.
References: 1. Ljungqvist O. Best Pract Res Clin Anaesthesiol. 2009;23(4):401-409. 2. Lassen K, et al. Clin Nutr. 2012;31(6):817-830. 3. Gustafson UO, et al. Clin Nutr. 2012;31(6):783-800. 4. American Society of Anesthesiologists Committee. Anesthesiology. 2011;114(3):495-511.
Water, Corn Maltodextrin, Fructose. Less than 0.5% of: Natural Flavor, Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid, Potassium Citrate, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium, Zinc Sulfate, and Sodium Selenate.