Cardinal Health™ T.E.D. Continuing Care Anti-Embolism Stocking, Knee Length, Medium, Regular.
Size: Medium, Regular
Calf circumference: 12-15 in.
Length: <17 in.
T.E.D.™ Anti-Embolism Stockings for continuing care
T.E.D.™ stockings are clinically proven to reduce the risk of DVT1, which can extend up to six weeks after hospitalization.2,3,4
Optimal treatment for deep vein thrombosis (DVT)
Cardinal Health is proud to offer effective compression solutions for the recuperating patient. Our T.E.D.™ anti-embolism stockings are clinically proven to reduce the risk of deep vein thrombosis (DVT),1 which can extend up to six weeks after hospitalization.6,7,8
- Address two components of Virchow’s Triad: Stasis2,3,4 and vessel wall damage5
Ease of use
- Fits a wide range of patients
- A defined heel pocket is designed to aid correct placement
- Designed for the recuperating patient* with closed-toe style for everyday use
Safety by design
- A clinically proven pressure pattern increases blood flow velocity and reduces venous distension2,3,4
- A pressure break at the popliteal vein helps to ensure that blood will continue to flow smoothly through this critical area*
- Interrupted band and 2-ply gusset prevent a tourniquet effect at the femoral vein
- Inlay circumferential knit, helping to provide one way horizontal stretch*
- Not manufactured with natural rubber latex
1. 2018, Sachdeva A, Dalton M, Lees T. Graduated compression stockings for prevention of deep vein thrombosis. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2018;11:Cd001484.
2. Jamieson R, Calderwood CJ, Greer IA. The effect of graduated compression stockings on blood velocity in the deep venous system of the lower limb in the postnatal period. BJOG : an international journal of obstetrics and gynaecology. 2007;114(10):1292-4.
3. Sigel B, Edelstein AL, Felix WR, Jr., Memhardt CR. Compression of the deep venous system of the lower leg during inactive recumbency. Archives of surgery (Chicago, Ill : 1960). 1973;106(1):38-43.
4. Sigel B., et al. Type of Compression for Reducing Venous Stasis. Archives of Surgery. February 1975. Vol 110; 171-175
5. Coleridge-Smith PD, et al. Deep Vein Thrombosis: Effect of Graduated Compression Stockings on Distension of the Deep Veins of the Calf. British Journal of Surgery. June 1991. Vol 78, No. (6): 724-726.
6. Bratzler, et al. Development of National Performance Measures on the Prevention and Treatment of Venous Thromboembolism. Journal of Thrombosis and Thrombolysis, Nov. 2009.
7. White RH, Gettner S, Newman JM, Trauner KB, Romano PS (2000) Predictors of re-hospitalization for symptomatic venous thromboembolism after total hip arthroplasty. New England Journal of Medicine 343:1758–1764.
8. Bergqvist D, Agnelli G, Cohen AT, Eldor A, Nilsson PE, Le Moigne-Amrani A, Dietrich-Neto F, Enoxacan II Investigators (2002) Duration of prophylaxis against venous thromboembolism with enoxaparin after surgery for cancer. New England Journal of Medicine 346:975–980.
*Data on File
Orders are processed as soon as they are received and usually shipped same day if ordered by 12:00 pm (CST) and the item is in stock. Orders begin the fulfillment process immediately and cannot be canceled or changed by our customer care representatives or our warehouse as we strive to ship as fast as possible. Your credit card is charged at the time of the order.
We do not ship orders on Saturdays, Sundays or holidays. Orders placed on Saturdays, Sundays or holidays will ship on the next business day.
ORDER CANCELLATION REQUESTS
MedicalSuppliesFast.com strives to deliver orders as quickly as possible. Orders are processed immediately and we are unable to change or cancel an order once you checkout. Cancellation requests after an order is processed is subject to our return policy.
SHIPPING COST AND ESTIMATED DELIVERY TIMES
Economy (estimated 5-15 business days) - $6.99
Standard (estimated 2 to 7 business days) - $15.00
Expedited shipping is not available at this time
Shipping to P.O. Boxes, Alaska, Hawaii or a Freight Fowarder?
Please contact us prior to placing your order to see if we can accommodate your shipping needs.
SPECIAL ORDER ITEMS
Special order items also require additional shipping time as these items are usually not stocked at our warehouses and require approximately 15-30 business days (or more depending on the product) for items to be received at our warehouse before it ships out. SPECIAL ORDER ITEMS ARE NON-RETURNABLE.
Once your order has been shipped, you will receive an email with a tracking number. You can track your order using the tracking number on the carrier's website.
All PPE (PERSONAL PROTECTION EQUIPMENT) and NUTRITIONAL PRODUCTS ARE NON-RETURNABLE/NON-REFUNDABLE.
To be eligible for return, your item must be unused/unopened, contain all original parts and accessories, and in the original packaging material in which you received it.
Certain items are not eligible for return. The non-returnable items include:
- Food and nutritional items
- Bathroom safety equipment, i.e., toilet frames, toilet seats, shower chairs, transfer benches, rehab shower commodes
- Mobility equipment and mobility equipment replacement parts, i.e. batteries, wheelchairs, wheelchair cushions, seats, rollators, walkers
- Hygiene-related products, including but not limited to undergarments, stockings/hose, ostomy/urostomy products, hernia belts, impotence pumps and parts, pessaries, pads, hand sanitizers, wipes, toilet paper
- RESPIRATORY PRODUCTS. Due to Covid-19, all respiratory products are non-returnable.
- Products that are not in resalable condition
- Final sale or clearance items / Special order items
- Skin salves, ointments, creams, gels, lotions and wound care (bandages, dressings, etc)
- All IV/Blood collection, needles and syringes, feeding tubes and accessories, etc.