Do not order based on the image alone. The image displayed may not represent the specific product you are ordering.
Coloplast Assura 2-Piece Urostomy Pouch, Pouch Size Maxi (10-1/2"), Blue Coupling, Transparent (14229)
Assura 2-piece urostomy pouch has a mechanical coupling for extra reassurance
- The pouch is attached securely to the barrier by a mechanical coupling system. An audible "click" confirms that the pouch is locked securely to the barrier.
- Before the pouch is locked into position, it can be rotated into the desired position to accommodate your body's position (standing, lying down, emptying) without having to remove the pouch from the barrier. The mechanical coupling can also be repositioned to enable easy handling whether you're left- or right-handed.
- The pouch can be removed separately from the spiral adhesive barrier, allowing the pouch to be changed more frequently than the adhesive barrier.
Assura 2-piece urostomy is available with standard and extended wear adhesive barriers. The full range of barriers includes flat, convex light, and convex barriers, available pre-cut (already cut to size) or "cut-to-fit" (meaning they can be cut to achieve a custom fit). The full line includes transparent and white-colored pouches, which correspond to the Assura or SenSura Click barriers based on a color-coded coupling system. Thus, a barrier with a "blue" coupling size must be matched to a "blue" pouch.
Spiral adhesive, for security and skin-friendliness
The Assura spiral adhesive is a combination of materials designed for security and protection in a spiral structure, for:
- Secure adherence to your skin
- Absorption of moisture from your skin - providing skin-friendliness and protection from irritation
Assura extended wear adhesive offers extra protection against aggressive output. It is especially suitable for people with a urostomy, which tends to have more aggressive output that can breaks down standard adhesives more quickly.
A comfortable and discreet pouch
Assura 2-piece urostomy has a range of features designed to offer comfort and discretion:
- Anti-reflux valve - prevents the urine from washing over the stoma, reducing the risk of urinary infections.
- Tuck-away soft outlet - easy to use and can be tucked away when not in use. This prevents it from rubbing on your leg, offering more comfort and discretion.
- Multi-chambers - the pouch has been divided into chambers which spread the urine evenly within the pouch. This allows it to have a flat and discreet profile while reducing splashing sounds.
Convexity, for stomas that are difficult to manage
Assura 2-piece urostomy is available with two different levels of convexity, designed to accommodate a stoma that is difficult to manage: for example, a stoma that is flush, retracted, or located in a skin fold. It applies pressure on the peristomal skin to reduce the risk of leakage by allowing the stoma to protrude.
A solution for flush or slightly retracted stomas, providing extra security through light and delicate pressure on the abdomen.
A solution for retracted stomas and deep skin folds and scars, providing extra security through moderate to high pressure on the abdomen.
Pouch Size: Maxi (10-1/2" / 488 mL)
Coupling Size: Blue