Convatec AQUACEL® EXTRA™ Hydrofiber® dressing.
- 10x12.5cm, (4" x 5")
- This product does not contain latex.
- See package insert for complete instructions for use.
AQUACEL® EXTRA™ Hydrofiber® dressing.
AQUACEL® EXTRA™ wound dressing is composed of two layers of Hydrofiber® Technology stitched together. It is nine times stronger and has 39% greater absorbency as compared to the original AQUACEL® wound dressing.1 AQUACEL® EXTRA™ Hydrofiber® dressing is specifically suited to help manage moderate to highly exuding wounds and is cleared for the same indications as the original AQUACEL® dressing.
AQUACEL® EXTRA™ wound dressing is composed of two layers of Hydrofiber® Technology stitched together. It is nine times stronger and has 39% greater absorbency as compared to the original AQUACEL® wound dressing.1 AQUACEL® EXTRA™ Hydrofiber® dressing is specifically suited to help manage moderate to highly exuding wounds and is cleared for the same indications as the original AQUACEL® dressing. AQUACEL® EXTRA™ wound dressing is constructed with two-dimensional strengthening fibers that are stitched into the dressing. While made from the same base material that is used to manufacture Hydrofiber® Technology, the fibers do not gel on contact with fluid so that they maintain their integrity and become encompassed by the gel, providing additional strength and aiding the easy removal.
Advanced Wound Dressings with Hydrofiber® Technology from ConvaTec
ConvaTec dressings with Hydrofiber® Technology gel on contact with fluid, providing clinicians and patients with substantial wound care benefits. This unique gelling action enables the dressings to lock in exudate and its harmful components 2, 3, 4, a and contour closely to the wound bed, 5,b in response to changing wound conditions. AQUACEL® dressings are soft, absorbent non-woven wound dressings based on Hydrofiber® Technology.
- Applies to AQUACEL® and AQUACEL®
- Ag dressingsAs demonstrated in vitro
- Assessment of the Physical Properties of AQUACEL® EXTRA & AQUACEL® Dressings. Scientific Background Report. WHRI3461 TA214. 2011 Data on File, ConvaTec.
- Walker M, Hobot JA, Newman GR, Bowler PG. Scanning electron microscopic examination of bacterial immobilization in a carboxymethylcellulose, (Aquacel) and alginate dressings. Biomaterials. 2003; 24:883-890.
- Waring MJ, Parsons D. Physico-chemical characterization of carboxymethylated spun cellulose fibres. Biomaterials. 2001; 22:903-912.
- Walker M, Bowler PG, Cochrane CA. In vitro studies to show sequestration of matrix metalloproteinases by silver-containing wound care products. Ostomy Wound Manage. 2007; 53(9):18-25.
- Jones SA, Bowler PG, Walker M. Antimicrobial activity of silver-containing dressings is influenced by dressing conformability with a wound surface. Wounds. 2005; 17(9):263-270.
Orders are processed as soon as they are received and usually shipped same day if ordered by 12:00 pm (CST) and the item is in stock. Orders begin the fulfillment process immediately and cannot be canceled or changed by our customer care representatives or our warehouse as we strive to ship as fast as possible. Your credit card is charged at the time of the order.
We do not ship orders on Saturdays, Sundays or holidays. Orders placed on Saturdays, Sundays or holidays will ship on the next business day.
ORDER CANCELLATION REQUESTS
MedicalSuppliesFast.com strives to deliver orders as quickly as possible. Orders are processed immediately and we are unable to change or cancel an order once you checkout. Cancellation requests after an order is processed is subject to our return policy.
SHIPPING COST AND ESTIMATED DELIVERY TIMES
Economy (estimated 5-15 business days) - $6.99
Standard (estimated 2 to 7 business days) - $15.00
Expedited shipping is not available at this time
Shipping to P.O. Boxes, Alaska, Hawaii or a Freight Fowarder?
Please contact us prior to placing your order to see if we can accommodate your shipping needs.
SPECIAL ORDER ITEMS
Special order items also require additional shipping time as these items are usually not stocked at our warehouses and require approximately 15-30 business days (or more depending on the product) for items to be received at our warehouse before it ships out. SPECIAL ORDER ITEMS ARE NON-RETURNABLE.
Once your order has been shipped, you will receive an email with a tracking number. You can track your order using the tracking number on the carrier's website.
All PPE (PERSONAL PROTECTION EQUIPMENT) and NUTRITIONAL PRODUCTS ARE NON-RETURNABLE/NON-REFUNDABLE.
To be eligible for return, your item must be unused/unopened, contain all original parts and accessories, and in the original packaging material in which you received it.
Certain items are not eligible for return. The non-returnable items include:
- Food and nutritional items
- Bathroom safety equipment, i.e., toilet frames, toilet seats, shower chairs, transfer benches, rehab shower commodes
- Mobility equipment and mobility equipment replacement parts, i.e. batteries, wheelchairs, wheelchair cushions, seats, rollators, walkers
- Hygiene-related products, including but not limited to undergarments, stockings/hose, ostomy/urostomy products, hernia belts, impotence pumps and parts, pessaries, pads, hand sanitizers, wipes, toilet paper
- RESPIRATORY PRODUCTS. Due to Covid-19, all respiratory products are non-returnable.
- Products that are not in resalable condition
- Final sale or clearance items / Special order items
- Skin salves, ointments, creams, gels, lotions and wound care (bandages, dressings, etc)
- All IV/Blood collection, needles and syringes, feeding tubes and accessories, etc.