Do not order based on the image alone. The image displayed may not represent the specific product you are ordering.
Kendall Shiley Pediatric Tracheostomy Tube, Extra-Long with TaperGuard Cuff, Size 5.5 (5.5PLCF)
Kendall Shiley™ Pediatric Tracheostomy Tube, Extra-Long with TaperGuard™ Cuff, Size 5.5, ID 5.5 mm, OD 7.9 mm, Length 52 mm.
Shiley™ Neonatal and Pediatric Tracheostomy Tubes
Shiley™ neonatal and pediatric tracheostomy solutions incorporate a wide range of simple and smart design advances to improve the healthcare experience for both patients and clinicians.
Our portfolio offers innovative cuffed and cuffless options, in a variety of sizes, with designs tailored to the needs of neonatal and pediatric patients.
These clinician-inspired solutions include:
- Flange distinction for neonatal or pediatric patients
- A unique pediatric cuff design
- Comfort recess on the bottom of the connector to help reduce inferior stoma irritation
- Transparent soft flange that supports patient comfort and visualization of the skin below
- Softer material and expanded size options, compared to previous Shiley™ tracheostomy products
To help clinicians manage ventilator-dependent patients, the low-profile, low pressure TaperGuard™ cuff on the Shiley™ neonatal and pediatric tracheostomy tubes:
- Reduces fluid leakage by an average of >94.8% at similar or lower intracuff pressure.1
- Significantly improves management of airway leak at pressures below 25 cm H2O2
- Reduces removal force by 58.3% compared to the previous barrel-shaped cuff — reducing the potential for stoma irritation or damage during removal.3
These products are manufactured with a non-DEHP plasticizer. This new material has been incorporated into the soft, transparent flange that allows for enhanced visualization of the underlying skin and stoma site.