Do not order based on the image alone. The image displayed may not represent the specific product you are ordering.
Kendall Shiley Pediatric Tracheostomy Tube, with TaperGuard Cuff, Size 4.5 (4.5PCF)
Kendall Shiley™ Pediatric Tracheostomy Tube, with TaperGuard™ Cuff, ID 4.5 mm, OD 6.7 mm, Length 42 mm.
Shiley™ Neonatal and Pediatric Tracheostomy Tubes
Designed for the distinct anatomy of neonate and pediatric airways.
Shiley™ neonatal and pediatric tracheostomy solutions incorporate a wide range of simple and smart design advances to improve the healthcare experience for both patients and clinicians.
Our portfolio offers innovative cuffed and cuffless options, in a variety of sizes, with designs tailored to the needs of neonatal and pediatric patients.
These clinician-inspired solutions include:
- Flange distinction for neonatal or pediatric patients
- A unique pediatric cuff design
- Comfort recess on the bottom of the connector to help reduce inferior stoma irritation
- Transparent soft flange that supports patient comfort and visualization of the skin below
- Softer material and expanded size options, compared to previous Shiley™ tracheostomy products
To help clinicians manage ventilator-dependent patients, the low-profile, low pressure TaperGuard™ cuff on the Shiley™ neonatal and pediatric tracheostomy tubes:
- Reduces fluid leakage by an average of >94.8% at similar or lower intracuff pressure.1
- Significantly improves management of airway leak at pressures below 25 cm H2O2
- Reduces removal force by 58.3% compared to the previous barrel-shaped cuff — reducing the potential for stoma irritation or damage during removal.3
These products are manufactured with a non-DEHP plasticizer. This new material has been incorporated into the soft, transparent flange that allows for enhanced visualization of the underlying skin and stoma site.