Smith & Nephew ALGISITE™ M Calcium Alginate Wound Dressing, 3/4" x 12", Rope.
ALGISITE M is made of fast-gelling, high mannuronic acid fibers from calcium alginate, which is extracted and purified from a natural, renewable source - seaweed. When exudate comes into contact with ALGISITE M, it forms a hydrophilic gel that remains in intimate contact with the wound surface, helping to create and maintain a moist wound environment. Faster, cleaner dressing changes result in less nursing time because once gelled the dressing stays stronger, longer.
- For OTC applications, ALGISITE M is indicated for the management of minor conditions such as lacerations, abrasions, skin tears and minor burns.
- Under the care of a healthcare professional, ALGISITE M is indicated for the management of full and partial thickness wounds including leg ulcers, pressure ulcer, diabetic foot ulcers and surgical wounds.
ALGISITE™ M - Calcium Alginate Wound Dressing
ALGISITE M is a calcium-alginate dressing which forms a soft, gel that absorbs when it comes into contact with wound exudate. ALGISITE M helps utilize the proven benefits of moist wound management.
- Easy to remove
- Conforms to wound contours
- Fast gelling, high mannuronic acid fibers
- Low fiber shed
- High wet and dry strength
- Soft and conformable
Easy to remove
When used in a moderate to highly exuding wound, the dressing forms a soft gel, which does not adhere to the delicate healing tissues in the wound bed. The dressing can be easily lifted out of the wound in one piece, or washed out with saline.
Conforms to wound contours
ALGISITE M is very soft and conformable, allowing it to be molded, folded or cut to meet a wide range of wound shapes and sizes. As the fibers gel, an even more intimate contact with the wound is produced and maintained.
Less fiber shed
All fiber based alginates release fibers when handled, however the advanced bonding technique employed in ALGISITE M greatly reduces this.
Moist wound environment
The production of a gel by the action of exudate on the alginate fibers creates a moist wound environment at the wound surface. This helps prevent eschar formation and promotes an optimal moist wound environment. The dressing allows wound contraction to occur, which may help reduce scarring and also allows gaseous exchange necessary for a healthy wound bed.
In-vitro studies have shown that ALGISITE M can absorb 13 times its own weight in exudate. This allows the dressing to remain in the wound for up to 7 days, depending on the nature of the wound and the volume of exudate.
For OTC applications, ALGISITE M may be used for the management of minor conditions such as:
- Skin tears
- Minor burns
Under the care of a healthcare professional, ALGISITE M may be used for the management of full and partial thickness wounds including:
- Leg Ulcers
- Pressure ulcers
- Diabetic foot ulcers
- Surgical wounds
- Ensure the packing in cavities, sinuses etc. has been removed.
- The dressing may adhere if used on very lightly exuding wounds. If the dressing is not easily removed, moisten it with saline, then remove.
- Do not use on patients with a known allergy to alginates.
Orders are processed as soon as they are received and usually shipped same day if ordered by 12:00 pm (CST) and the item is in stock. Orders begin the fulfillment process immediately and cannot be canceled or changed by our customer care representatives or our warehouse as we strive to ship as fast as possible. Your credit card is charged at the time of the order.
We do not ship orders on Saturdays, Sundays or holidays. Orders placed on Saturdays, Sundays or holidays will ship on the next business day.
ORDER CANCELLATION REQUESTS
MedicalSuppliesFast.com strives to deliver orders as quickly as possible. Orders are processed immediately and we are unable to change or cancel an order once you checkout. Cancellation requests after an order is processed is subject to our return policy.
SHIPPING COST AND ESTIMATED DELIVERY TIMES
Economy (estimated 5-15 business days) - $6.99
Standard (estimated 2 to 7 business days) - $15.00
Expedited shipping is not available at this time
Shipping to P.O. Boxes, Alaska, Hawaii or a Freight Fowarder?
Please contact us prior to placing your order to see if we can accommodate your shipping needs.
SPECIAL ORDER ITEMS
Special order items also require additional shipping time as these items are usually not stocked at our warehouses and require approximately 15-30 business days (or more depending on the product) for items to be received at our warehouse before it ships out. SPECIAL ORDER ITEMS ARE NON-RETURNABLE.
Once your order has been shipped, you will receive an email with a tracking number. You can track your order using the tracking number on the carrier's website.
All PPE (PERSONAL PROTECTION EQUIPMENT) and NUTRITIONAL PRODUCTS ARE NON-RETURNABLE/NON-REFUNDABLE.
To be eligible for return, your item must be unused/unopened, contain all original parts and accessories, and in the original packaging material in which you received it.
Certain items are not eligible for return. The non-returnable items include:
- Food and nutritional items
- Bathroom safety equipment, i.e., toilet frames, toilet seats, shower chairs, transfer benches, rehab shower commodes
- Mobility equipment and mobility equipment replacement parts, i.e. batteries, wheelchairs, wheelchair cushions, seats, rollators, walkers
- Hygiene-related products, including but not limited to undergarments, stockings/hose, ostomy/urostomy products, hernia belts, impotence pumps and parts, pessaries, pads, hand sanitizers, wipes, toilet paper
- RESPIRATORY PRODUCTS. Due to Covid-19, all respiratory products are non-returnable.
- Products that are not in resalable condition
- Final sale or clearance items / Special order items
- Skin salves, ointments, creams, gels, lotions and wound care (bandages, dressings, etc)
- All IV/Blood collection, needles and syringes, feeding tubes and accessories, etc.