Do not order based on the image alone. The image displayed may not represent the specific product you are ordering.
Smith & Nephew Durafiber Ag Gelling Fiber Dressing, 8" x 11-3/4" (66800573)
Smith & Nephew Durafiber™ Ag Gelling Fiber Dressing, 8" x 11-3/4".
DURAFIBER Ag is a highly absorbent, nonwoven, silver containing antimicrobial dressing indicated for chronic and acute, full or partial thickness, or shallow granulating exuding wounds including leg ulcers, pressure ulcers, diabetic ulcers, surgical wounds, wounds left to heal by secondary intent, donor sites, tunneling and fistula wounds, partial thickness burns, traumatic wounds, and wounds that are prone to bleeding such as wounds that have been surgically or mechanically debrided.
Absorbent, Silver Containing Antimicrobial Dressings
DURAFIBER Ag is an absorbent, non-woven, silver containing antimicrobial dressing composed of cellulose ethyl sulphonate fibres. The ionic silver in the dressing provides antimicrobial activity against a broad spectrum of common wound pathogens which may help to reduce bacterial bioburden and the risk of infection.
DURAFIBER Ag is designed to rapidly form a clear cool gel on contact with wound fluid. This gel absorbs excess fluid, locks exudate away from the wound, provides a moist environment to support autolytic debridement and conforms intimately to the wound bed.
The high integral wet strength of DURAFIBER Ag facilitates easy one-piece removal from moist wound beds and cavity wounds so minimising trauma to the wound and pain to the patient on removal.
DURAFIBER Ag is indicated as an absorbent, antimicrobial gelling dressing for the management of chronic and acute, full thickness, partial thickness, or shallow granulating exuding wounds. For example: leg ulcers; pressure ulcers; diabetic ulcers; surgical wounds; traumatic wounds; donor sites; partial thickness burns; tunnelling and fistulae wounds; wounds left to heal by secondary intent; and wounds that are prone to bleeding such as wounds that have been surgically or mechanically debrided.
DURAFIBER Ag is designed to be left in place for up to 7 days.
DURAFIBER Ag may be used on infected wounds. Where the product is used on infected wounds the infection should be inspected and treated as per local protocol.
- Do not use on patients with a known sensitivity to silver.
- Do not use on non-exuding wounds.
- Clinicians/Healthcare Professionals should be aware that there are very limited data on prolonged and repeated use of silver containing dressings, particularly in children and neonates.
- Whilst DURAFIBER Ag assists in the management of wounds prone to minor bleeding, it is not intended to be used as a surgical sponge in heavily bleeding wounds.
- DURAFIBER Ag is not compatible with oil-based products such as petrolatum.
- Avoid contact with electrodes or conductive gels during electronic measurements e.g. EEG and ECG.
- Ensure that packing in cavities sinuses etc. has been removed.
- The dressing may not be compatible with topical antimicrobials.If reddening or sensitisation occurs discontinue use.In the event of clinical infection, topical silver does not replace the need for systemic therapy or other adequate infection treatment.
- When DURAFIBER Ag is used on a patient during MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) examination some warming may be experienced.
- DURAFIBER Ag may cause transient discoloration of the surrounding skin.