Smith & Nephew Intrasite™ Gel, 8g Applipak.
INTRASITE Gel / INTRASITE Conformable is an interactive amorphous hydrogel indicated for the management of shallow and deep open wounds healing by secondary intention, e.g. venous leg ulcers, diabetic foot ulcers, pressure ulcers, surgical and malignant wounds, partial thickness burns, scalds, lacerations and grazes, amputations and fungating ulcers and also for the management of granulating cavity wounds, excoriated skin and radiation burns. It can be used on infected wounds under medical supervision.
INTRASITE Conformable is especially useful for the packing of deep cavity wounds to prevent premature closure.
INTRASITE™ Gel - Hydrogel Wound Dressing Range
INTRASITE Gel is an amorphous hydrogel which gently re-hydrates necrotic tissue, facilitating autolytic debridement, while being able to loosen and absorb slough and exudate. It can also be used to provide the optimum moist wound management environment during the later stages of wound closure. It is non-adherent and does not harm viable tissue or the skin surrounding the wound. This makes INTRASITE Gel ideal for every stage in the wound management process.
- Partially hydrated hydrogel formulation
- Contains propylene glycol
- APPLIPAK™ container, available in range of sizes
INTRASITE Gel's partially hydrated formulation allows the gel to donate moisture to drier environments and absorb in wetter environments, creating a moist wound management environment.
INTRASITE Gel rehydrates necrotic tissue and, by its gentle yet effective action, aids debridement.
INTRASITE Gel absorbs slough and exudate without damaging fragile granulation tissue.
Creates a moist wound healing environment
INTRASITE Gel increases moisture content at the wound surface, helping prevent eschar formation. By keeping fragile granulation tissue moist and allowing the migration of epithelializing cells, INTRASITE Gel helps to create an optimal moist wound management environment.
Effective yet gentle action leaves delicate granulation tissue undisturbed helping to reduce trauma.
INTRASITE Gel is non-adherent so it is easily removed from the wound by irrigation with normal saline; without damaging fragile tissue or causing unnecessary pain for the patient. Extensive clinical support, suitable for use at all stages of the wound management process. INTRASITE Gel contains propylene glycol which acts as a humectant (moisturizer) which prevents the gel from drying out and improves handling.
Easy to use
The unique Applipak system provides simple, directable and controlled application even in awkward wound sites.
Available in range of sizes
Range of sizes available for wound size - controlling and reducing wastage for cost effective wound management.
- INTRASITE Gel is used to create a moist wound environment for the treatment of minor conditions such as minor burns, superficial lacerations, cuts and abrasions (partial thickness wounds) and skin tears.
- Under the direction of a healthcare professional, INTRASITE Gel is used to create a moist wound environment for the management of:
Venous ulcers (leg ulcers)
Diabetic foot ulcers
Pressure ulcers (including stage IV)
- Creates a moist wound environment, which assists in autolytic debridement of wounds covered with necrotic tissues.
Known sensitivity to INTRASITE Gel or any of its ingredients. INTRASITE Gel should be used with care in the vicinity of the eyes and in deep wounds with narrow openings (e.g. fistulas) where removal of the gel may be difficult. INTRASITE Gel is for external use only and should not be taken internally.
Orders are processed as soon as they are received and usually shipped same day if ordered by 12:00 pm (CST) and the item is in stock. Orders begin the fulfillment process immediately and cannot be canceled or changed by our customer care representatives or our warehouse as we strive to ship as fast as possible. Your credit card is charged at the time of the order.
We do not ship orders on Saturdays, Sundays or holidays. Orders placed on Saturdays, Sundays or holidays will ship on the next business day.
ORDER CANCELLATION REQUESTS
MedicalSuppliesFast.com strives to deliver orders as quickly as possible. Orders are processed immediately and we are unable to change or cancel an order once you checkout. Cancellation requests after an order is processed is subject to our return policy.
SHIPPING COST AND ESTIMATED DELIVERY TIMES
Economy (estimated 5-15 business days) - $6.99
Standard (estimated 2 to 7 business days) - $15.00
Expedited shipping is not available at this time
Shipping to P.O. Boxes, Alaska, Hawaii or a Freight Fowarder?
Please contact us prior to placing your order to see if we can accommodate your shipping needs.
SPECIAL ORDER ITEMS
Special order items also require additional shipping time as these items are usually not stocked at our warehouses and require approximately 15-30 business days (or more depending on the product) for items to be received at our warehouse before it ships out. SPECIAL ORDER ITEMS ARE NON-RETURNABLE.
Once your order has been shipped, you will receive an email with a tracking number. You can track your order using the tracking number on the carrier's website.
All PPE (PERSONAL PROTECTION EQUIPMENT) and NUTRITIONAL PRODUCTS ARE NON-RETURNABLE/NON-REFUNDABLE.
To be eligible for return, your item must be unused/unopened, contain all original parts and accessories, and in the original packaging material in which you received it.
Certain items are not eligible for return. The non-returnable items include:
- Food and nutritional items
- Bathroom safety equipment, i.e., toilet frames, toilet seats, shower chairs, transfer benches, rehab shower commodes
- Mobility equipment and mobility equipment replacement parts, i.e. batteries, wheelchairs, wheelchair cushions, seats, rollators, walkers
- Hygiene-related products, including but not limited to undergarments, stockings/hose, ostomy/urostomy products, hernia belts, impotence pumps and parts, pessaries, pads, hand sanitizers, wipes, toilet paper
- RESPIRATORY PRODUCTS. Due to Covid-19, all respiratory products are non-returnable.
- Products that are not in resalable condition
- Final sale or clearance items / Special order items
- Skin salves, ointments, creams, gels, lotions and wound care (bandages, dressings, etc)
- All IV/Blood collection, needles and syringes, feeding tubes and accessories, etc.