Southwest Technologies Elasto-Gel Hot/Cold Therapy Neck & Back, 6" x 8".
- Can be submerged in water
- Urethane inside cover
- Removable Lycra outside cover
- Variety of sizes
Unlike the rest of the Elasto-Gel Hot/Cold Wraps, these All Purpose Packs can be submerged in water. The Elasto-Gel is enclosed in a urethane material and were originally intended for professional/industrial use where only hot water baths are available.
The outside cover must be removed prior to placing pack in hot water bath. A damp cloth covering the pack will also be needed, in order to provide moist heat. A microwave can be used to warm-up the pack as well. Using the product as heat therapy will aid in reducing soreness, reoccurring pain or injuries. The warmth melts away soreness, relaxes muscles and helps with stiffness by increasing circulation and blood-flow.
To reduce acute pain like sprains, strains or bruises, the Elasto-Gel Hot/Cold All Purpose Therapy Wrap can be utilized as a cold therapy product. The cold wrap is able to reduce swelling and inflammation.
Directions for COLD THERAPY
- Place gel pack in freezer for 2 hours or more.
- Remove pack from freezer and place inside the cloth cover.
- Close compartment and apply compression wrap as shown and secure by attaching the elastic strap.
- Remains flexible after frozen.
Gel pack will maintain cold therapy for 30-60 minutes. It is best to keep an extra gel pack in the
freezer to replace the original that is in use when it is no longer cold. The pack may remain in
freezer until next use.
Directions for HOT THERAPY
- Heat in cloth cover.
- Fold the pack in half. Heat in microwave for 20 seconds on each side. Unfold the pack and refold in the
other direction. Heat in the microwave for an additional 20 seconds on each side. This will improve uniform heating throughout the entire pack. For additional warmth, heat in 10 second increments. NOTE – DO NOT MICROWAVE EACH SIDE LONGER THAN 20 SECONDS AT A TIME TO AVOID BREAKING OR OVERHEATING GEL PACK.
- Remove pack from microwave and wait for one minute before applying to skin.
- Apply compression wrap as shown by attaching the elastic strap.
Gel pack will maintain hot therapy for 20-30 minutes. When pack is no longer hot, reheat in
microwave at 10 second increments until desired temperature is reached. The gel pack may be
stored at room temperature. Test after each 10 second increments.
Remove the outside cover and hand wash in cold water and mild soap. Hang up to dry. Wipe the white inner cover with a damp (not wet) cloth using mild soap or disinfectant. Allow the product to fully air dry before continuing to use.
SPECIAL ORDER ITEMS
Special order items require additional shipping time as these items are usually not stocked at our warehouses and require approximately 15-30 business days (or more depending on the product) for items to be received at our warehouse before it ships out. SPECIAL ORDER ITEMS ARE NON-RETURNABLE.
Your credit card is charged at the time of the order.
Orders are processed immediately and we are unable to change or cancel an order once you checkout. Cancellation requests after an order is processed is subject to our return policy.
Shipping to P.O. Boxes, Alaska, Hawaii or a Freight Fowarder?
Please contact us prior to placing your order to see if we can accommodate your shipping needs.
All PPE (PERSONAL PROTECTION EQUIPMENT) and NUTRITIONAL PRODUCTS ARE NON-RETURNABLE/NON-REFUNDABLE.
To be eligible for return, your item must be unused/unopened, contain all original parts and accessories, and in the original packaging material in which you received it.
Certain items are not eligible for return. The non-returnable items include:
- Food and nutritional items
- Bathroom safety equipment, i.e., toilet frames, toilet seats, shower chairs, transfer benches, rehab shower commodes
- Mobility equipment and mobility equipment replacement parts, i.e. batteries, wheelchairs, wheelchair cushions, seats, rollators, walkers
- Hygiene-related products, including but not limited to undergarments, stockings/hose, ostomy/urostomy products, hernia belts, impotence pumps and parts, pessaries, pads, hand sanitizers, wipes, toilet paper
- RESPIRATORY PRODUCTS. Due to Covid-19, all respiratory products are non-returnable.
- Products that are not in resalable condition
- Final sale or clearance items / Special order items
- Skin salves, ointments, creams, gels, lotions and wound care (bandages, dressings, etc)
- All IV/Blood collection, needles and syringes, feeding tubes and accessories, etc.